Sunday, September 18, 2016

Car accidents, concerts, Beaver Fest and volleyball

One of these days I’m sure I’m going to start a post with it was a normal and relaxing week…this will not be that post.  Work has been crazy but that has been the norm the last few months. Monday night was training with Molly and Trainer Ben.  Didn’t get to have dinner with my dad as planned because he rode his Harley down and needed to get on the road to beat the storm.  Luckily, I was able to enjoy dinner with him Sunday night at Scornovocca’s.  I can never get enough time with my dad. Tuesday night was Tacos at the Tap with Lukas, Mel, Misty, Summer, Shane, Maria and Brian.  Had some laughs, made some new friends. 

Wednesday afternoon I got rear-ended.  The car took off and almost caused another accident when they went flying around the corner and nearly sideswiped the ambulance I was stopped and waiting for.  People are rude. I got a nice cash of whiplash and vertigo but just glad it didn’t end up much worse.  My car is ok and so am I.  Just shaken up and sore.  Couldn’t play volleyball that night because of it so that was a total bummer. 

Thursday night went to the Florida Georgia Line, Cole Swindell, Kane Brown and Cadillac Three concert with Molly, Michelle and Sandy.  I wasn’t a huge FLG line fan going into the concert.  I mainly wanted to go for the opening acts.  But I can say I am definitely a fan now.  They were very entertaining and had one of the best encores I’ve ever seen. 
Cole Swindell makes me swoon. He’s giving Eric Church a run for his money on being my fake celebrity boyfriend.  We came out of the concert and walked into a monsoon.  I’m not sure I can recall the last time I saw it rain that hard.  Luckily we got to run to our cars in it.  To say we were soaked to the bone is a dramatic understatement.  Friday night when I went to put on my boots, they were still wet from the night before.
Friday night I met the crew for Beaverdale Fall Fest, or Beaver Fest as we like to call it.  Carnival rides, food vendors, live music, car show and tons of people out and about in my favorite neighborhood.  It was an absolute blast. 


Saturday morning I had to get up early for the Beer In Hand Volleyball tournament.  Let me tell you playing with a giant ball and a cup in one hand is not as easy as it might sound.  We didn’t win but we had a great time trying. 
The Hawks got upset by North Dakota State as we were finishing the tourney and I took that as my cue to go home and nap! I was supposed to meet my friends back at Beaver Fest that night but decided to stay home instead.  Ben and I ordered Chinese and watched the Ohio State game.  I’m super excited for the Packers vs. Vikings game tonight.  Go Pack Go!!!!


This week looks to be equally insane but I’m looking forward to a mini vacation Thursday-Sunday.  #fearless40

No comments:

Post a Comment