Thursday, July 7, 2016

5th and 6th

It's been rainy the last two days. Wednesday I hiked 4 miles down the mountain so I could get a diet mt dew. It was totally worth getting soaked for the caffeine. 

We didn't hike yesterday. Instead we went into anchorage and ran lots of errands, including finding the one Apple Store in Alaska to get my phone fixed. Hooray. Enjoyed my first reindeer dog from a street vendor. It was phenomenal! Kind of like a polish sausage with a kick. 

On the way back we stopped at the spout coming out of the side of the mountain and filled our water jugs with glacier water. There's a crowd of people every time we drive by so we figured we should try it. 
Last night was a feast! Halibut caught during a deep sea fishing adventure on Tuesday. Cindy took the prize with a 107 pound halibut. There was also rockfish and salmon as well. 
I used part of the salmon to make a spread/dip which I will post on the Testing Trendy blog soon. Norm pan fried some of the fresh halibut last night in butter and lemon juice. That was some of the best fish I have ever had. Thick like steak and flaky goodness. Long John Silvers sucks. Hagebakkes rock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment