Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 15

Another beautiful day at the lake.  


Today’s mission was mastering driving the four wheelers. Normally I opt for being the passenger but today, I was gonna be in charge.  A quick 30 second tutorial from my cousin and it was time to roll.  I only almost flipped one time near the flooded path, straight up hill on the boulders.  I took multiple rides throughout the day spotting wild turkeys, deer and just enjoying the scenery with the wind blowing through my hair.

We also took a ride in the new toy.  A six person gator.  Needless to say going down the highway in the backseat got a little windy!


Becky found me some New Glarius Cherry Ale.  It was delicious! I enjoyed drinking that while we ate smoked pork loin, corn on the cob, party potatoes, salad, cookies, etc.  Again, enough food to feed a village.


Later we sat around the firepit, talking and having some adult beverages.  Our cue to go in around 1 am was the snapping of branches in the woods getting closer and closer.  Becky, Rachael and I were not down for seeing any bears so we promptly headed inside and called it a night.  



No comments:

Post a Comment