Monday, July 4, 2016

July 4th

Happy birthday America. Feels like I'm in another country or world. First time in 12 years I have missed my favorite holiday back home with my family. There are no fireworks for celebration as there is currently no darkness in Alaska. Today was our "easy" recoup day. We hiked up the Winner Circle trail near hotel aleyska in Girdwood. Lo and behold, the only way across the raging river gorge was a small metal hand tram fastened by ropes on each end. Yes I'm petrified of heights. And yes, I rode that tram in both directions. Didn't even poo my pants. I can't post video here currently but it's on my Facebook. 
 I wish the pictures captured how crystal blue this water is. You can see all the way to the bottom. Speaking of things we saw, a wedding proposal on one of the small wooden bridges. Talk about love and thoughtfulness. He hiked all those miles and set up roses and a love sign and it was beautiful. In case you're curious, she said yes. 
Tomorrow is Tuesday which means my Alaskan adventure will be half over. What a blessing and opportunity this trip has been so far. #lyndeeinalaska #fearless40

No comments:

Post a Comment