Sunday, July 3, 2016

July 3


Today was out of this world. Norm chartered a private boat from the Lazy Otter in Whittier to take us on a six hour tour. They are amazing!!! We saw sea otters, puffins, seagulls, waterfalls, jumping salmon, one of the boats from deadliest catch, seals, etc. We ate lunch on the boat in Prince William Sound as 70 foot fin whales surfaced around us. 
The tour continued to Surprise Glacier. We boated through icebergs, sea otters, crystal blue waters to the fjord and glacier. Absolutely breathtaking. Pictures don't do justice to this setting. It was truly a marvel of nature. Did you know that icebergs sound like Rice Krispies when they are in the water? And that Alaska produced more blue berries than another U.S. State? Me either but I do now! 

 My heart is so full and my bucket list runneth over. And I'm only on day 3 of 10!!! 

I can't post all the pics here but there are many more on my Facebook along with some videos. Hope everyone is having a fabulous 4th of July. Enjoy the fireworks for me since its nonstop daylight here and I won't be seeing any. 


No comments:

Post a Comment